J LYNN MUSIC PUBLISHING, Midland, MI 2014 - Present
- Publishing company for personal music compositions
CREATIVE 360, Midland, MI 2013 - Present
- Customer Service: greeting visitors, answering phones, assisting students, teachers, and staff.
- Process incoming payments, balancing cash register, prepare and make weekly bank deposits, prepare reimbursement and payment forms; assist accountant with other duties.
- Develop weekly work schedule, supervise and assign tasks for office assistants.
- Maintain Access database with donor, membership, and general contact information.
- Oversee written communication regarding fundraiser donations and memberships.
- Maintain information in class and event registration book.
- Maintain files adhering to established record retention schedules.
- Manage facility rentals.
- Successfully coordinated and executed fall fundraising mailing, 360 for 360.
- Maintain inventory of office and cleaning supplies.
- Assist with planning, administration, and implementation of special events.
COOL LEMON JAZZ TRIO, Midland, MI 2013
Assisted in broadening performance opportunities through researching and contacting venues and festivals in Michigan.
Designed press kit.
Advised in developing a performance contract.
CREATIVE 360, Midland, MI 2012 - 2013
Part-Time Marketing and Office Assistant/Volunteer
- Expanding the organizations exposure through researching, developing, and maintaining their social media outlets, website, e-blast, and other marketing venues.
- Maintain productive office by answering phones, processing class & event registration, greeting visitors, and cleaning and organizing office.
- Assisted in coordinating "Art in the Park event at Tall Ships Celebration in Bay City, MI.
- Fundraising and programming committee member.
- Organized and documented artwork donated for art sale fundraiser, Second Hand Picasso.
- Generated 45 participants for storytelling workshop by distributing flyers.
- Advise in and review grant applications.
CLEVELAND MUSEUM OF ART, Cleveland, OH 2012
Department of Performing Arts, Music, and Film
- Provided marketing material on current and future performers by researching internet articles and reviews.
- Ensured accuracy of department’s instrument and film databases by inputting dates and work done on instruments, completed survey information, attendance and revenue information, film details, etc.
- Created comprehensive museum guide with each gallery’s foundation name, number, location, key art pieces, etc., increasing efficiency of staff and decreasing training time.
- Located and obtained instruments needed for Signal Ensemble performance through colleges, universities, and personal contacts, organizing information in Excel and contributing to successful concert series.
- Increased understanding of large non-profit art organization by attending weekly intern and departmental meetings led by department directors.
- Inputted hospitality requests through the museum’s online database, “Intranet,” requesting cash bars and beverage requests for productions.
- Contributed to website by inputting information for upcoming films using html.
- Obtained press quotes, videos, mp3s, and high-resolution photos for each 2012/2013 artist/ensemble used in Director’s executive presentations.
- Improved performance scheduling by preparing comprehensive 2013/2014 calendar.
- Ensured smooth productions by assisting with load-in and load-out of equipment, hospitality preparations, front of house assistance, escort for performers, and handling errand requests.
INTERNATIONAL ARTS MOVEMENT (IAM), New York, NY 2011
- Wrote first comprehensive record of IAM’s history by compiling information through interviews and research, contributing to marketing and advancement of IAM.
- Broadened scope of funding by compiling list of potential funders using Foundation Center (http://foundationcenter.org).
- Contributed to IAM’s web publication, The Curator (www.curatormagazine.com), by identifying and posting essays and blog posts.
- Marketed IAM’s events through postings on social media sites, such as facebook and meet up.com, bringing in new patrons.
- Helped prepare for and worked events through a variety of activities such as coat check, cooking and serving food, overseeing movie nights, hanging artwork, designing and printing up labels and other documents, running errands, etc, contributing to successful events.
- Sat in on staff meetings every Tuesday, developing knowledge on the inner workings of a small art organization.
DOW GARDENS, Midland, MI 2010 – 2011
Visitor Center/Gift Shop/Tour Guide
- Planned and implemented “Crafty Wednesdays” for up to 30 children.
- Gave 45-minute long tours of Herbert H. Dow homestead, sharing history of Dow family and their home.
- Assisted visitors with entrance fee, directions, and questions in a timely manner.
- Priced and displayed merchandise and attended to general order and cleanliness of gift shop creating an aesthetic and orderly environment for visitors.
MOLLY’S BISTRO, Midland, MI 2009 - 2010
- Bussed tables and helped where needed providing faster service and turnover.
ESTES PARK CENTER – YMCA OF THE ROCKIES, Estes Park, CO 2009
Food Service Team Member
- Prepared food and managed food line in a timely manner creating smoother meal times.
- Operated cash register.
- Assisted multi-international guests.
- Maintained presentation of main dining room providing a clean, pleasant environment.
TRINITY MUSIC DEPARTMENT, Palos Heights, IL 2007 – 2009
Music Theory Tutor and Choir Assistant
- Improved students’ understanding of and ability to apply music theory.
- Assisted in choir rehearsal set up, robe maintenance, sheet music distribution, organization, and filing.
TRINITY MAIL CENTER, Palos Heights, IL 2008 – 2009
- Sorted, processed and delivered mail enabling students and employees to receive their mail in a timely manner.
- Assisted customers with their needs through answering questions and completing mail transactions.
TRINITY CHRISTIAN COLLEGE MAINTENANCE, Palos Heights, IL 2008
- Cleaned offices and major rooms efficiently maintaining general campus cleanliness.
TIMBREL AND HARP PRODUCTIONS, Midland, MI 2005 – 2007
- Collaborated on writing and arranging compositions for recording project released in 2006.
- Oversaw installation of all audio equipment for live shows and assured ease of use for musicians.
- Detail-oriented assistant for all aspects of production, including providing meals, hard copy manufacturing of recordings and lending vocal talent to recording sessions.
DOW GARDENS, Midland, MI 2003
- Prepared and taught weekly children’s programming that provided fun and educational environment for children to learn about nature.
- Planted mowed, watered, cultivated, and harvested the Children’s Garden, creating a maintained and fun environment for children.
A Christian Ministry in the National Parks
Estes Park, CO
- I led a group in preparing, organizing, and leading worship services in a National Park’s campground. We each took turns preparing and giving lessons.
OPUS: A Celebration of Student Intellectual and Artistic Endeavor.
Palos Heights, IL
- Helped organize and lead the music department’s solo and ensemble competitions for the on-campus conference OPUS that celebrates the scholarly and creative work of Trinity Christian College students.
Please contact me for a list of references and or reference letters.